Friday, June 1, 2012

Day one, part one!

Hi guys! For those of you who may not know...I'm Jessica! :)

I recently decided to do a very intense, yet gentle cleanse by Beachbody. It's called The Ultimate Reset and I am suuuuuper excited! If you haven't heard about it check it out...HERE!

It has been quite the day and I think I am in for quite a challenge! Well here's what I have to say about that...CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! ;)

This morning I woke up at 7 and took mineralize (salt you put in distilled water), oxygenize (literally pure oxygen) and optimize (pills with brown stuff in them). I then had to wait 30 minutes to eat so I showered, got ready for my day then began to cook! Breakfast included 2 eggs, lots of spinach and a piece of whole grain toast. It was quite delicious!

It definitely felt nice to get up early and actually make a good, healthy breakfast! I'm hoping that this cleanse/diet helps me in that department...I am the worst when it comes to making "real" foods! I've been living on the post college diet consisting of pasta, chicken, mac n cheese and CHIPOTLE among other things.

Side note: I LOVE CHIPOTLE. I think the hardest part for me to wrap my head around going into this cleanse was giving it up for a whole THREE WEEKS! Don't judge me...it is the only thing I ever really crave!

Anyway, I started work at 9 and by 10:30 I was so hungry! I know this is going to take some getting used to! At 11:00 I took my supplements again, waited 30 minutes and ate lunch...mixed greens, pine nuts, sunflower seeds and homemade vinegarette! It was pretty good, but hardly enough! I made the dressing this morning and it consisted of extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegarette, raw honey, lemon juice, black pepper and hymalayan salt. It's fun to make your own food! :)

My afternoon consisted of more work and more hunger...at 3:00 I had to take the dreaded alkalinize...it was described to me as "salty grass," definitely not appealing to me AT ALL. Surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...I plugged my nose and downed it as fast as I could.

So here I am! 4pm and it's Friday! The weekend will prove to be difficult as Sunday is our end of the season party for Special Olympics and BJ's is catering...BJ's...oh my gosh do I have to explain my feelings there?! Haha oh well! I have faith in me and in the end I know it will be worth it!

More later! Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment